FULL MOON CEREMONY
It is out intention to continue to support our community through this challenging time. We are wishing everyone much love, peace and connection. Please enjoy this free full moon ceremony, created by our fellow Canadian friend who is now living in Costa Rica, Hali Love.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
WHY DO A FULL MOON CEREMONY
The full moon is responsible for heightened energy; we see this in nature by the abnormal highs lows of the ocean's tide. We also see this in heightened emotion, as well as the synching of many female cycles (the moon symbolizes feminine energy). The full moon is a powerful time, as it receives the light of the sun, and shines it back to us through illumination. When the moon is full, its strong gravitational pull on the Earth makes for a time of peak creative energy and incredibly powerful intuitive breakthroughs. The full moon accentuates everything that you’ve been working on during the waxing phase. Take time to reflect on what no longer works for you, as this is most powerful time to purge, cleanse and reset, and to call in what you wish to manifest in your life.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
As long as you want! If you follow this full moon ceremony you will spend approximately 20 - 50 minutes.
GATHER YOUR MATERIALS WITH INTENTION!
calming music - feel free to download my full moon playlist here
palo santo, sage or an incense
lighter or matches
download my full moon meditation
two pieces of paper
a metal (or a fire-safe) bowl / vessel
MAKE SURE YOUR FIRE IS OUT! And then dance or take Savasana to the Gayatri Mantra
The Gayatri Mantra's general interpretation is: May we meditate on that most adored Supreme Lord, the creator, whose divine light illuminates all realms (physical, mental and spiritual). May this divine light illuminate our intellect. This is the last song on my playlist.
11 Steps to complete your
Full Moon Ceremony
1. Gather your materials: Your smudge and matches, your candle, your 2 pieces of paper and pen, download your full moon meditation and playlist.
2. Take your ritual shower: Instructions are on the Ground and Connect Personal Development Tip on my virtual studio.
3. Start your playlist.
4. Smudge yourself and your space with the intention to clear out any negative and unwanted energy.
5. Connect with the full moon - if you can see it, take a few moments to look and it and see if you can connect and feel the energy from it.
6. Sit quietly and comfortably, and do your full moon meditation.
7. Take your pen and paper and write down anything and everything you want to release. Write out feelings, fears, blocks - anything that is not serving you. Think about everything in your whole life - employment, relationships, limiting thoughts and self destructive behaviours and patterns.
8. Take your second piece of paper and write down everything you want to manifest into your life. Think about relationship goals, adventures, financial abundance. Keep this positive. Do not wish anyone ill fortune or harm in anyway.
9. Read your release paper out loud. Once your are finished reading, say the following words: “I hereby release you; all things that no longer serve me. I release you once and for all, be gone!” Now burn your paper. As you watch it burn, repeat the sentence over and over until the paper is fully gone.
10. Read your manifest paper out loud. Once you are finished reading, say the following words: “I hereby call in my manifestations, which are pure and clean and from my heart”. Now hold the meditations onto of your heart and pause for a few moments. Set the paper aside and save it for your new moon ritual!
11. Complete your ceremony! Please make sure your fire is out!! Put on the Gayatri Mantra (the last song on my playlist), and either dance in celebration or take Savasana (laying on your back relaxed and still), or any combination thereof.
Please share your experience! Tag us on Instagram or send me an email! Be well. Be safe. Be loved. Be blessed. Much love: Hali & Loretta: Hot Yoga Bodies